Award-Winning Toshiba Carrier u-Series Lineup Launches Heat Recovery Unit, Debuts at AHR Expo in Chicago
CHICAGO, Il. -
Carrier’s latest addition to the Toshiba Carrier u-Series portfolio, a heat recovery unit, debuted at the AHR Expo hosted in Chicago. The u-Series lineup is a globally-recognized, next generation, three-phase, full line of VRF equipment for commercial and large residential needs. The most recent launch is one of several planned for the lineup. Carrier is a part of Carrier Global Corporation (NYSE: CARR), global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions.
Designed to perform, the u-Series manages the heating, cooling and fresh air input into offices, K-12 schools, hotels, restaurants, and large single and multi-family housing, with connection flexibility. The new u-Series product line offers an extended operating range, along with an updated communication protocol and service tool. Carrier’s industry-leading innovations offer a highly flexible, industry-leading system with efficient, quiet and space-saving solutions.
The Toshiba Carrier u-Series heat recovery unit features benefits such as:
- Smaller footprint with higher efficiency and capacity.
- Addition of an 'Elite Heat' heat recovery unit to provide additional heating performance for cold climates.
- In addition to the twin rotary, a triple rotary compressor option allowing for a larger refrigerant displacement and reduction in compressors per module.
- Design flexibility between a single unit (1,640 ft.) and a module unit (3,937 ft.), an increase of almost 700 ft. of piping.
- Low ambient cooling down to -10°F.
- New low ambient heating performance down to -22°F for the standard heat recovery unit and to -30°F for the new 'Elite Heat' Heat Recovery unit.
- Advanced communications protocols through the Carrier Service Tool making it easier to access and service.
“The award-winning Toshiba Carrier u-Series line and new heat recovery unit has unlimited application, ensuring there is a solution for every customer,” said Paul Rebelo, Managing Director for Ductless and VRF, Carrier. “The updated chassis and communication protocols and high efficiency and high heat tier product line make it ideal for virtually any VRF application.”
Units will begin shipping in Q2 2024. To learn more about the Toshiba Carrier line of VRF products, visit https://www.carrier.com/residential/en/us/.
Founded by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier is a world leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers. Carrier is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions that matter for people and our planet for generations to come. For more information, visit carrier.com or follow @Carrier on X.