Developing the skills and competencies of our truck and trailer refrigeration technicians with the highest standards.
Carrier Transicold was first in the transport refrigeration industry to develop programs to recognize the most qualified and capable service technicians within the truck/trailer dealership network. Since 1995, these training programs have been providing recognition for exceptional technicians whose achievements significantly exceed the norm. This training ensures Carrier Transicold's customers that their refrigeration equipment is maintained and repaired by the most highly skilled professionals in the industry.
The Carrier Transicold Truck/Trailer and Transport Technical Training group offers modular product and service classroom training ranging from a basic two-week overview to a comprehensive modular Master Tech program. Online material is now available for self-study and course preparatory work. There is also a basic customer training course as well as continuing education for previously accredited technicians.
The above programs have the following prerequisites in order to attend:
- applied to cancellations or transfers to other programs received greater than 30 days prior to the class start date
- applied to cancellations received between 14 and 30 days prior to the class start date
- applied to cancellations received less than 14 days prior to the class start date.
NOTE: No Shows - If a student does not supply a written notification to the Customer Training Department that a registration is being cancelled, they will be charged the full amount of the class.*
*In extenuating circumstances, such as a death in the family, a credit may be applied toward a future class or the registration can be transferred. This will be reviewed by the Technical Training department on a case by case basis.
For technical assistance, please contact us at [email protected]
Please note that this schedule is subject to change
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How do I register for training?
2. Whose email address should I use to register?
3. What are "Registration Types"?
4. How many openings are there in each class?
5. How do I add myself to the waitlist?
6. What if I need to make a change to my Registration?
7. What if I forgot my username or password?
8. What should I expect after registering?
9. I would like to register more than one person at a time. How does this work?
10. When are courses confirmed?
11. What is the policy for transferring or canceling a registration?
12. What is the course cancellation policy?
13. Where do I find lodging and transportation information?
14. What are the prerequisite requirements?
15. Master Tech Requirements
16. What is the dress code?
17. Can I video or audio record the class?
18. How do NextLevel awards apply to training?
19. What is my NextLevel code?
20. What types of payment do you accept?
21. Are there any discounts available for classes?
22. How will the charge appear on my credit card statement?
23. How do I update my credit card and/or billing information?
24. How can I get a copy of my payment receipt?
25. How do I get an enrollment key for online training?
26. My enrollment key isn't working. How do I get it to work?
27. How do I view or print my certificates of completion?
28. Technical Support
29. Learning Management System
30. What if I forgot my username or password?
1. Customers: When you are ready to register, please log into www.transicoldtraining.carrier.com and Select Register, and then the Register button for the class, or to view the training video resources.
Dealers: When you are ready to register, please log into TransCentral. Once there, navigate to the Service Tab > View Truck Trailer Courses > Training Courses and Select Register, and then the Register button for the class, or to view the training video resources.
Instructions for logging into the Online Learning Management System (LMS), and enrollment key, will be provided at the end of the registration.
2. The registration can be completed using either the email address of the student, or the person completing the form for them.
If someone other than the student completes the registration, it is important that the confirmation email, and any supporting course information be forwarded to the student.
3. Dealer Technician: Dealers enter your TransCentral ID for access.
Customer Technician: Customers are provided an access code.
NextLevel 2 Award: Existing NextLevel codes will remain active towards training until March 1st. Credits will be applied to those who achieve NextLevel status.
CTD Employee: Internal UTC Employee access code
Sponsor/Sales: Dealers and customers that have are being sponsored by a dealer, or Carrier Transicold.
4. Open enrollment courses have maximum registration limitations based on regulatory requirements. Availability is noted on the course registration page.
All registrations are taken based on a first registered, first served basis.
When a class reaches its maximum capacity, registrations that are pre-paid will be guaranteed a course seat. Enter your email into the registration form to add yourself to the waitlist.
5. When a class is full, you can add yourself to the waitlist by selecting the Register button for the class. You will receive an automatic email if a spot becomes available allowing you 24 hours to register.
6. You can return to your registration form any time and click on "View or Change Your Existing Registration." From there you can use your e-mail address and password to access your registration record update or change your information, or print a receipt of your registration for your records.
Students may be substituted at any time.
7. If you're trying to start a new registration and can't remember your password, or you're trying to come back to an incomplete registration, your only option is to click on the "Start a New Registration" link that is a little further down and to the right. This will start the registration process over from scratch.
8. When you submit a registration, you will be emailed a confirmation. Please make sure your email server does not place it in your junk or spam folders. We will be contacting you periodically after that with important information regarding training generally by email, so please check frequently!
Only the Primary Attendee in a group will receive email correspondences.
9. The group registration feature has been enabled as part of the software. This will allow one person to register a number of people, fill in their personal information, and then pay for that group with one transaction.
Only the Primary Attendee can update the group registration, and will receive email correspondences.
10. Courses are confirmed 30 – 60 days in advance of the program start date.
All training courses are held based on enrollment. Although Carrier will do its best to hold all scheduled training courses, no warranty or guarantee of any kind is made regarding holding any training course.
If a class is cancelled by us, students will be given the option of receiving a refund, or transferring to the next available date.
Carrier assumes no liability for cancellation of courses, regardless of the reason. Any ancillary costs related to the student taking a class (including but not limited to: Airfare, any travel costs, hotel, per-diem, mileage, lost employee wages or salary) are the responsibility of the student and/or the employer. If a class is cancelled, Carrier Transicold liability is limited to the amount of the registration fee ONLY.
11. If you find you will be unable to attend the course, notify the Training Department [email protected] so that others may be given the opportunity to attend.
It will also be your responsibility to cancel any hotel reservations you have made, to prevent first-day charges. Please note that you are responsible for payment if you do not cancel and do not attend.
Participant cancellations and substitutions can be made at any time by logging into your registration page.
12. 100% refund - applied to cancellations or transfers to other programs received greater than 30 days prior to the class start date
80% refund- applied to cancellations received between 14 and 30 days prior to the class start date
0% refund - applied to cancellations received less than 14 days prior to the class start date.*
NOTE: No Shows - If a student does not supply a written notification, to the Customer Training Department, that a registration is being cancelled, they will be charged the full amount of the class.*
*In extenuating circumstances, such as a death in the family, a credit may be applied toward a future class. This will be reviewed by the Customer Training Department on a case by case basis.
13. Rooms and meals are available at hotels, motels, and restaurants convenient to all classroom locations. Suggested local lodging information is provided on the Lodging tab on the Registration site.
We recommend that you do not make travel reservations until you receive a Course Confirmation from the Training Department approximately 30 days prior to scheduled course.
*Students are responsible for making their own arrangements, the cost of accommodations and meals, as well as transportation. Rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis.
14. Students must complete prerequisite requirements, as stated in the course description, prior to the first day of class.
16. Proper work attire is required. No open toed shoes, shorts, sleeveless shirts, or shirts with inappropriate or offensive wording or imaging is permitted.
17. The use of video, or audio, recording is strictly prohibited in the classroom.
All instructional material is copywritten, therefore cannot be reproduced without written consent from Carrier Transicold.
18. Existing NextLevel codes will remain active towards training until March 1st. Credits will be applied to those who achieve NextLevel status.
19. Award letters are distributed yearly that include a unique code for each award winner. For more information on NextLevel contact Tom Spencer at [email protected]
20. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club and American Express, MasterCard and Visa debit cards, and Priority Cards. We do not accept payment by Check or Purchase Order.
21. A 5% discount will be applied towards multiple student registrations (2 or more). A 5% discount will be applied towards registrations received 60 days, or more, prior to the class start date.
22. The charge on your credit card statement will be from "ACT-CarrierTransicold"
23 Credit card and/or billing information can be made at any time by logging into your registration page.
24. Receipts can be accesses at any time by logging into your registration page.
25. Instructions for logging into the Online Learning Management System (LMS), and an enrollment key, will be provided at the end of the registration. See details for registering for a class.
26. Enrollment keys are case sensitive. All letters, numbers and characters must be entered as they appear. Be sure that the correct course name is being selected before entering the enrollment key.
27. To view or print your certificates of completion, please follow these steps: 1. When you are logged in, select the My courses menu located at the left of the screen 2. Select the Certificates of completion link.
28. For technical support, or general training inquiries, email [email protected]. Please allow 48 hours for a response.
29. Students will be directed to the Learning Management System (LMS) at the completion of their online registration.
It is required that each user must use their own email address to create a user profile within the LMS. Email addresses are required for student records to uniquely identify students for tracking purposes.
Free email accounts can be created through online providers, such as:
Internet Requirement Specifications:
The Online LMS is supported by the latest internet browsers. Please perform a system check and contact your administrator if an upgrade is needed.
30. If you're trying to log back into the Learning Management System, and can't remember your password, select the Forgot Your Password link to reset it through your email address on file.