HVAC Education, Buying Tips, Indoor Air Quality, Dehumidifiers, Technology
Whole-Home Dehumidifier Pros & Cons
In humid climates, a whole-home dehumidifier can make your home feel cooler and create a more comfortable environment by removing excess moisture. As a result, it can also help protect your home from mold and mildew.
What Are the Pros of a Whole-Home Dehumidifier?
- Comfort—removing excess moisture can make the air inside your home feel cooler and more comfortable
- Healthier home— it can help reduce allergies and illness by reducing or eliminating mold and mildew that grow when excess moisture is present
- Protection—excess moisture can damage wood flooring, furniture, and other valuables in your home
- Efficiency—removing excess moisture from the air in your home can help improve the efficiency of your air conditioner
What Are the Cons of a Whole-Home Dehumidifier?
- Budget considerations—Installation costs and additional energy costs to run the dehumidifier.