Skip to main content

AFUE

The term AFUE, or annual fuel utilization efficiency, is a standardized measure of efficiency for furnaces and boilers.

AFUE percentage is calculated by dividing the annual heat output of a furnace or boiler by the total annual fossil fuel energy it consumes. So, if you have a furnace with a 90% AFUE rating, that means 90% of the energy from the fuel becomes heat in your home and the other 10% escapes up the vent and elsewhere. Having a system with a high AFUE means you stay cozy and so does your wallet.

Explore All of our Heating & Cooling Products

close
How can we help you?
chat
Chat
call
Call

If you prefer to speak to someone in person, call 1-800-Carrier (1-800-227-7437) .

thumb_up
Feedback

Your opinion matters. Tell us about your website experience.

Chat-icon
Let's chat
- Home-icon