Geothermal Heat Pump Efficiency
Geothermal Efficiency, Savings, and Sustainability
Short and Long-Term Savings
In the long run, Carrier® geothermal systems are typically more cost-effective than ordinary HVAC systems. Your return on investment can begin on day one with up to a 70% reduction in annual heating and cooling costs. Multiply that by an expected 20+ year lifespan, and you'll continue to save for the long-term.
Don’t forget about the 30% in federal tax credits. This program along with other factors can make the slightly above-average higher upfront costs of geothermal a lot less daunting. Check out the savings calculator. The return on investment often comes much faster than homeowners expect.
Cost Savings Calculator
The savings calculator gathers local utility costs as well as the age, size and fuel source used in your home to show the potential monthly savings associated with installing a geothermal system.
For a more comprehensive summary, contact your local Carrier expert. They can run a more precise calculation using geothermal software that allows them to customize the system to your home and generate a full savings report.
With up to 30% in federal tax credits and potential local utility rebates available, geothermal is now more attainable than ever.
10-Year Parts & Labor
Because Carrier geothermal is so reliable and meticulously installed, Infinity geothermal systems are backed by a 10-year parts and labor limited warranty. 
Reliability and Sustainability.
Part of what makes geothermal such a good investment is that it will likely be around for the long-term. The technology has been around for decades and is currently found in systems that are among the most dependable on the market. Because these units are kept indoors, they can last 20+ years. Outdoor heat pumps and air conditioners typically can’t match this longevity because they’re subject to weather extremes, pollution and other threats. Geothermal is also good for the environment because it can help reduce your home’s greenhouse gas emissions.
View Geothermal Products
There’s an array of geothermal products to suit all sorts of homes. Check out the full line of Carrier geothermal products to find the right system for you.
Contact a Carrier Geothermal Dealer
Interested in Carrier geothermal or have additional questions? Turn to a Carrier expert.
Infinity® Geothermal – Advanced Comfort and Control
In addition to saving money, you’ll experience the ultimate in home comfort with the great features the Infinity geothermal system has to offer. Here is a small sampling of what Infinity geothermal can do:
Dynamic Infinity Touch™ Control
The brain of the system: allows you to control it from any Wi-Fi® connected device when not using the high-resolution, color touchscreen.
Offers flexible, user-friendly programming.
Comfort Heat Technology® Feature
Monitors changing conditions and adjusts to offer the best combination of comfort and energy efficiency.
Ideal Humidity System™ Technology
Monitors and adjusts humidity levels for increased comfort.
Regulates power use while homeowners are away for maximum energy savings.
Allows you to condition only the rooms that need it in up to eight spaces. This can yield additional savings.
- Savings calculated using Carrier® LoopLink software. Comparison based on simulation in Dallas, TX. Carrier 6-ton unit vs. standing pilot propane furnace, standard air conditioner and local fuel rates. Actual savings will vary based on configuration, weather and local energy costs.” ↩
- http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/guide_to_geothermal_heat_pumps.pdf ↩
- Upon timely registration. ↩
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance Corporation. ↩
- https://www.nvenergy.com/brochures_arch/conservation/environmentandheatpumps.pdf ↩
- For existing homeowners and those building a new home who install qualifying geothermal heating and cooling systems, a one-time tax credit is available totaling 30% of the installed cost of a residential ground loop or ground water geothermal heat pump. To qualify for this credit, the system must meet current geothermal ENERGY STAR® requirements and be installed prior to December 31, 2032. For details go to the ENERGY STAR® website. This notice is not to be considered tax advice. See your tax professional to determine how these credits would apply in your circumstance.