Whole Home Humidifier Cost
Buying or replacing a whole-home humidifier is an investment in your home comfort. The cost depends on two factors: the type of humidifier you choose and labor for installation. The installed cost of a whole-home humidifier can range anywhere from $500 to $2,000 or more.
Types of Whole-Home Humidifiers
Whole-home humidifiers have different price levels based on the manufacturer and the features available. Factors that impact the price of a humidifier:
- Existing system—if you’re buying a new HVAC system or are adding a humidifier to your existing system
- Type of humidifier—bypass, fan-powered, or steam
- Geographic location—if you live in an arid climate, you might need a humidifier capable of producing a higher amount of water vapor per day, which can increase the cost
- Size of home—if you live in a larger home, you might need a humidifier capable of producing a higher amount of water vapor per day, which can increase the cost
- Warranties—warranties and extended service agreements can help reduce the overall cost of a new humidifier over time by covering maintenance and repair costs
Installing A Whole House Humidifier
Labor can account for half of the installation cost, and proper installation requires qualified technicians. Factors that affect labor costs:
- Geographic location—labor costs vary across the United States
- Your existing system—if the humidifier and HVAC system are both brand new or if you are adding the humidifier to an existing HVAC
- Location of the humidifier system in your home—this impacts the amount of time it takes the technicians to complete the installation. Installing a humidifier in a garage or an easy-to-access utility closet is faster than installing in an attic or crawl space
How Much Are Humidifiers?
When considering the cost of humidifiers, it's important to factor in various elements. The price of a whole-home humidifier is determined by two main factors: the type of humidifier chosen and the labor involved in its installation. Depending on these factors, the installed cost can range from $500 to $2,000 or more. There are different types of whole-home humidifiers available, each with varying prices based on factors such as the manufacturer, features, existing HVAC system, geographic location, home size, and warranties. Labor costs, which can make up half of the installation cost, also vary depending on the geographic location, existing HVAC system, and the location of the humidifier system within the home. Proper installation requires skilled technicians, and the complexity of the installation location can impact the time required for the installation process.