Royal Garden – Hotel
A chiller serving Kensington’s prestigious Royal Garden Hotel failed during a busy period, reducing the system’s cooling capacity by fifty percent. Carrier quickly provided a temporary hire chiller solution, enabling the hotel to continue operating as normal while the requirements for repair or long-term plant replacement were assessed.
Two high efficiency chillers enables the Royal Garden Hotel to continue operating as normal following a breakdown of one of its existing chillers.
The Royal Garden Hotel, located in the heart of London’s Kensington, prides itself in providing guests with the highest levels of comfort. Air conditioning is an essential element of the fivestar experience. A breakdown of one of its long-serving chillers (by another manufacturer), reduced the hotel’s cooling capacity by fifty percent during a busy period. At full occupancy the hotel was faced with an urgent problem that required immediate action.
Tim Walker, the hotel’s technical services manager, contacted Carrier Rental Systems to evaluate whether a temporary solution could be provided to quickly supply the cooling needed to replace the lost air conditioning capacity.
Carrier Rental Systems recommended the temporary installation of two high performance AquaSnap® 30RB 522 air-cooled chillers, with rotary scroll compressors. These provided up to 1.2MW of cooling capacity, fully replacing lost capacity from the out-of commission unit with some extra capacity to spare.
Carrier Rental Systems delivered, installed and commissioned the AquaSnap® 30RB chillers over a weekend, minimising downtime and inconvenience for the hotel. The hire package included all maintenance during the 10 month rental period, plus full emergency response and repair service in the event of a problem.
- Hire solution enabled hotel to continue operating as normal during peak period.
- Chillers installed over a weekend to minimize inconvenience.
- Quiet operation eliminated noise disturbance for guests.
- Multiple refrigerant circuits provided resilience and continuity of cooling.
- Temporary solution supported 24/7 by Carrier during hire period.
- Following completion of hire contract, Carrier delivered a new replacement chiller.
- Two x AquaSnap® 30RB 522 air-cooled chillers
- Urgent requirement for replacement cooling – solved by rapid response of Carrier Rental Systems and fast-track deployment of hire chillers.
- Limited space for location of hire chillers – solved by positioning units in goods delivery area.
- Need to minimize disturbance for hotel guests and staff – solved by deploying low noise chillers over a weekend.
- Requirement for good control over comfort conditions – chillers equipped with stand-alone controls, connected to existing building management system (BMS).