Telematics Now Standard on Trailer Refrigeration Units from Carrier Transicold
Helping North American refrigerated haulers reap the benefits of telematics to improve operational efficiencies, expand cold chain compliance and add value for their customers, Carrier Transicold has made telematics a standard feature on its most popular trailer refrigeration units.
“By offering telematics as standard for our X4™ series and Vector™ 8000 series trailer and rail refrigeration units, it is easier than ever for customers in the United States and Canada to benefit from the considerable advantages provided by the industry’s premier IoT solution,” said David Brondum, Director of Telematics, Carrier Transicold.
Using an innovative web-based interface, the telematics solution provides a continuous and centralized data stream that shows trailer temperatures, location and movement, helping connected fleets to optimize refrigeration equipment usage among other benefits. Additionally, the platform can enable remote control of refrigeration unit settings.
Depending on configuration and service plan, customer benefits include:
- Trailer temperature monitoring and control for compliance and accountability.
- Automatic notifications as trailers arrive and depart from geofenced areas.
- Real-time alerts if a warning condition occurs on a unit in service.
- Refrigeration unit performance monitoring for both product protection and fuel efficiency, which can help fleets improve sustainability profiles.
- Labor-saving wireless data transfer for remote setpoint management, pre-trip diagnostic routines, hands-free trailer precooling and more.
- Fuel level monitoring, helping to avoid low-fuel incidents requiring emergency callout service.
- Door switch monitoring to track deliveries and identify potential theft situations.
- Improved refrigeration unit uptime made possible by continuous analytic and diagnostic information about refrigeration units.
For fleets to take advantage of their built-in telematics systems, commissioning by an authorized Carrier Transicold dealer is required along with selection of a data plan. Three plans are available:
- Monitor only
- Monitor and Control, providing two-way capability
- Monitor and Enhanced Control, adding exclusive capabilities for data downloads, remote software updates and adjustments to Carrier Transicold IntelliSet™ control configurations.
Standard hardware includes the communications module, antenna and wiring harness. Optional peripheral components such as fuel sensors, temperature probes, door switches and solar panels can be specified as needed. Customers who take advantage of Carrier Transicold’s telematics system will benefit from value-added data insights that come from future releases of the company’s Lynx Fleet™ application.
For additional details about the telematics platform turn to the experts in Carrier Transicold’s North America dealer network.
Back to eFLASH 04/19/22 summary