Our Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Policy is not only good for the environment and our staff – it also serves to minimize your risk.
Protecting the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the natural environment is a core value within Chubb. We will not be satisfied until our workplaces are safe from hazards, our employees are injury-free, our services and products are safe, and our commitment and record in regulatory compliance and protection of the environment are unmatched.
Specifically, this policy requires every Chubb business globally to:
- Strive to eliminate all employee injuries by ensuring that the workplace is free from hazards and unsafe actions;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements and the policies, standards, and practices of the corporation;
- Establish safety and environmental goals, and the business plans necessary to achieve these goals;
- Provide accurate and timely measurement and reporting of performance;
- Implement and periodically evaluate EH&S Management Systems in order to reduce risks and continually improve the effectiveness of our EH&S processes;
- Integrate safety and environmental considerations into investment decisions, the design of services and products, and in all our dealings with suppliers and contractors;
- Require all employees to adhere to these standards and provide management commitment of the means and resources necessary to lead, support, monitor, and maintain accountability for the implementation of this policy.
In all of the above, we seek and expect the involvement and contribution of our employees, and strive for continuous improvement.