NOVATION® Microchannel coils
In 2006, Carrier was the first to introduce microchannel (MCHE) technology in the Commercial Air Conditioning industry. MCHE heat exchangers are entirely made of aluminum. Since 2011, a new generation of microchannel is available: NOVATION® microchannel.
- Superior corrosion resistance, due to one-piece material construction
- Superior mechanical resistance
- Improved reliability assembly, only one automated braze compared to conventional coils
- Proven technology
- Ease of cleaning
- Up to 50% refrigerant charge reduction vs. traditional Cu/Al coils
- Better thermal performance vs. Cu/Al coils
- Light weight reducing CO2 environmental impact during transport
- Thinner to reduce air pressure losses by 50% and fan energy consumption
- Reduced fouling maintaining unit performance over the time
MCHE standard coils are suitable for any non corrosive environments.
Enviro-Shield® coating is a nano-scale conversion coating which uniformly covers the entire surface of the coil. Carrier Coil Treatment is applied by immersion (not spray or a vernish) which provides a reliable and complete protective coverage. With Enviro-Shield® protection, corrosion resistance of the MCHE coil is doubled without any impact on heat exchange performance.
Super Enviro-Shield® coating
Super Enviro-Shield® MCHE coils have an extremely durable and flexible epoxy coating uniformly applied over all coil surfaces for complete isolation from the contaminated environment.
Super Enviro-Shield® coating provides superior protection against extreme corrosive environments.