Registration & Cancellation Process
You can register for courses here.
Complete details on each of these courses, including syllabus, course completion requirements, prerequisites, learning outcomes, what you will receive and other class details are listed on the course description pages.
Preferred method of payment for courses is credit card, and our online registration process allows you to enter your information with assurance of credit card safety.
A Purchase Order is also acceptable. Simply complete your Purchase Order and e-fax to Carrier University registrars at 1-860-775-2654. Your registration will be confirmed once your PO is fully approved and the class is confirmed.
Classes are confirmed when there is sufficient enrollment and normally no less than 4 weeks before the start of the class. Your credit card or PO will not be charged until the class is confirmed.
All registered students will receive a CLASS CONFIRMED notice from Carrier University once the decision to hold the class is made.
IMPORTANT! Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive a class confirmation email from Carrier University.
If Carrier University cancels or reschedules a class four weeks prior to the class start date, students will be refunded in full.
If a student cancels, the refund policy is as follows:
- four weeks prior to the class start date, you will be refunded in full
- three weeks prior to the class start date, you will be refunded 50% of the class fee
- 10 days (or less) prior to the class start date – no refund will be issued
Some classes require prerequisite classes and some have recommended prerequisite classes. These will be noted on class description pages. Classes with a recommended prerequisite do not require any confirmation of attending the recommended class.
Carrier’s online training courses are delivered on a comprehensive Learning Management System (LMS). These courses consist entirely of online elements including lessons, activities, resources and knowledge checks.
Blended Learning Classes
Blended learning classes are a combination of classroom and online training. Register for these classes the same as a classroom course. You will receive information to access the course and participation in the online component when the class is confirmed.
Carrier University also offers a large number of online training programs. Organizations wishing to purchase packages of 40 or more programs can contact the Carrier University Registrar for more information or a quote.
In addition, Carrier University can offer custom classes either at the Syracuse Training Center for only your students or at your facility with standard class material or material customized to meet your training needs. Generally, class sizes need to be 10 or more students. Contact the Carrier University Registrar or email [email protected] for more information or a quote.
Tuition & Discounts
The course fee covers the cost of the course and related course material. It does not include meals, lodging and transportation.
Carrier University offers multiple student discount rates of 5% per student on multiple student registrations if they are completed at the same time for the same event.
This program provides discounts up to 40% for organizations who want to make a commitment to training but are not sure what classes, who will attend or when.
How It Works
1. Purchase one of the three levels of Carrier Training Dollars:
Cost $: $5,000 | Carrier $: $7,000
Cost $: $10,000 | Carrier $: $14,000
Cost $: $25,000 | Carrier $: $35,000
Carrier Training Dollars are good for two years from the date of purchase and may be used for any regularly scheduled cataloged classroom course held in the Syracuse Training Center. Full payment for the package is due at the time of purchase with PO or credit card.
2. To reserve a class with your Carrier Training Dollars, call the Carrier University Registrar, who will assist you in booking the class and will maintain your account balance. The price for the class is at the published price, but your account will pay for the class with Carrier Training Dollars.
- Carrier Training Dollars can be used for any classroom class in the published Course Catalog and held in the Syracuse Training Center.
- Seats can be reserved by the organization up to one year before the start of class; however the name of the actual student is not required until one week before class. Seats can be cancelled up to four weeks before the class at no cost. Other standard cancellation rules apply. Carrier University reserves the right to cancel any class which has insufficient enrollment. Classes cancelled by Carrier University will not be charged to your Training Dollars account.
- Carrier Training Dollars cannot be combined with any other discount.
For more information or to purchase a package - call the Carrier University Registrar at 800-644-5544 or send an email.
Orders on the GSA Federal Supply Schedule Price List
For customers authorized to place orders under the GSA Federal Supply Schedule price list, please use promo code 'GSA FSS' when registering for the class.
Grades & Transcripts
Grade information is only released to the student and people designated by the student in writing. Students may request information from the instructor immediately after classes, however once the attendance sheet has been turned in grade information is only released by written request to the Carrier University Registrar. Participation and completion data for a course may be released to persons performing an audit of professional certifications and the direct management of the student. All other requests for data may only be used for determining statistical information on attendance and completion of any course or learning event.
Transcript requests should be made via email. A fee may apply.
Facilities, Location & Directions
In 1972, the William Bynum Training Center was built as a training facility and has always been utilized for that function.
The Carrier University facility includes state of the art classrooms, a video broadcast studio, and a fully functional HVAC laboratory containing condensing units, heat pumps, furnaces, rooftop equipment, air handlers, air terminals and chillers, as well as cutaway equipment, simulators, a complete controls lab and various air conditioning accessories. Lab equipment is bugged with common faults to allow students to practice troubleshooting frequently encountered field problems. Design classes use the lab for various workshops allowing participants to view the various types of HVAC equipment and explore their components. Control classes use the functioning i-Vu control lab allowing students opportunity to put into practice what was demonstrated in the classroom.
eDesign classes are conducted at hosted sites. Training location information is posted in the course description.
Lodging & Meal Options
The Bynum Carrier University Training Center is located at 6540 Old Collamer Road South, East Syracuse, NY 13057. Click here to locate lodging and meal options, as well as get driving directions.
What to Wear & What to Bring
- Students should wear work clothes and work shoes appropriate to the type of work to be performed in the class.
- Service classes require work clothes and work shoes typical of what a technician would wear on the job.
- Business casual is appropriate attire for Design and Controls classes.
- Shorts, sleeveless shirts and open toe shoes are not appropriate for any classes.
- Where required, appropriate safety equipment is provided.
- Some classes require computers, software or other materials. See the class description pages for any special requirements.
Courses begin promptly and run from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with some exceptions. Check class description for start and completion times. Do not make travel departure arrangements before the end of class.
Call Carrier University Registrar at 800-644-5544
Email [email protected]