Regional Ethics and Compliance Officer (RECO) - Transicold Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA)
Location : Rueil-Malmaison (France)
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, balanced and high-performance buildings!
This position is for an Ethics and Compliance Officer to support the Refrigeration segment of Carrier, and will be located in Rueil, France. This position will report directly to the Associate Director, Global Ethics and Compliance for the Refrigeration segment and dotted line to Transicold EMEA President, and under their supervision will provide oversight of the ethics and compliance program within Transicold EMEA.
This is an ideal role for a candidate with either legal or a strong compliance background wanting to further expand his/her career in the field of compliance, investigations and compliance audit in a multinational company where compliance is a key operating function. The successful candidate will be required to function both independently as well as working closely with other control functions (eg legal counsel, HR, Finance, controllership and other functions as required), both at headquarters and in the businesses.
- Rueil, France
- The position involves extensive travel within Europe
Primary objective of the position
- To strengthen, extend and sustain the Carrier compliance programs in EMEA through trainings, communications, compliance initiatives, investigations and legal/compliance audits and visits
- To provide support, guidance and direction to local leadership and compliance teams
- To oversee and provide support to the Local Ethics & Compliance Officers (ECOs) in entities in all aspects of their responsibilities.
- Handle, as lead investigator, investigations on potential violations of law and policy (eg anti-bribery, antitrust, code of ethics and related internal policies) across EMEA;
- Oversee and work to enhance the professionalism of Local ECOs in all aspects of their responsibilities;
- Lead cross-functional legal and compliance audits / visits across EMEA
- Educate senior management, middle management and other employees who need specialized training on and around top legal and compliance risks in order to prevent and root out misconduct, whether legal, ethical or otherwise
- Share information with the Associate Director, Global Ethics and Compliance, EMEA management and the functional disciplines (as appropriate), regarding trends and risk areas associated with compliance and ethics;
- Support Business Unit risk assessments and mitigation activities;
- Lead, direct and implement compliance program enhancement initiatives and process improvements (in particular related to anti-bribery, antitrust, code of ethics and related internal policies) in EMEA, both internally and towards 3rd parties (agents, distributors) ensuring strategic and risk-based business alignment
- Partner with headquarters and businesses to stay abreast of changes in regulations and recommend changes to operations and processes, as appropriate, to ensure continued compliance and risk mitigation
- Support the Associate Director, Global Ethics and Compliance in the performance of other tasks as assigned, including on other Refrigeration businesses
- Master’s degree in law, compliance or other relevant qualification
- 3-5 years’ legal, compliance or controlling experience within a multinational business, enforcement agency or a well-respected consultancy
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to go beyond a pure legal approach of compliance
- Understanding of related operational, financial and system processes
- Pragmatic and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a cross functional team environment
- Practical approach with a "can do" attitude.
- Strong influencing skills and sound business judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, at all levels of the business
- Honest, direct and straightforward in communications;
- Confident and seasoned leader with strong interpersonal skills
- Approachable, discrete, and non-threatening;
- Objective, fair and sound judgment
- Fluent verbal and written English. Additional languages would be an advantage