Refrigerant Destruction Program
We can help you transform end-of-life refrigerant management into environmental leadership. To provide the most secure, accountable and sustainable end-of-life refrigerant management services, Carrier partnered with EOS Climate, the industry pioneer in end-of-life refrigerant management, and leader in providing refrigerant destruction services. Now CFC-11, CFC-12, CFC-113, CFC-114, CFC-115, CFC-500 refrigerants and eligible CFC blends can all be destroyed in a controlled, effective and accountable manner. Appropriate destruction ensures that these chemicals will not escape, be re-used or continue to threaten our environment.
Proper refrigerant destruction is a critical act for companies with a mandate to lead the world to a sustainable future. It positions your organization as a leader with a forward-looking environmental strategy, and accelerates your broader sustainability objectives.
How can Carrier’s Refrigerant Destruction Program provide value to you?
- Eliminate uncertainty of CFC refrigerant price
- Proper destruction ensures refrigerants will not be re-used
- Secure, accountable and sustainable options for end-of-life refrigerant management
- Potential LEED credit
Carrier’s Refrigerant Destruction Program applies to:
- HVAC equipment with CFC-11, CFC-12, CFC-113, CFC-114, CFC-115, CFC-500 refrigerants and eligible CFC blends
R-22 Refrigerant Conversion Program
We offer a refrigerant conversion to meet your R-22 conversion needs. Carrier proactively started conversions in response to first refrigerant phase-outs over 20 years ago. Carrier’s R22 conversion program is an engineered retrofit, available only through Carrier Commercial Service and is performed by certified Carrier technicians with factory training on the chiller types involved.
How can Carrier’s R-22 Refrigerant Conversion Program provide value to you?
- An alternative solution for existing R22 equipment
- Possible LEED accreditation (30-series water-cooled chillers can contribute to LEED points)
- A custom-engineered, tested and proven retrofit
- Conversions performed by certified Carrier technicians
- A tangible commitment to provide corporate- and community-based environmental solutions
Carrier’s R-22 Refrigerant Conversion Program applies to:
The following Carrier equipment is eligible for a refrigerant conversion with DuPont™ ISCEON® MO99™ refrigerant (R-438A):
- Water-cooled 30HK/HR/HW chillers
- Air-cooled 30GA/GB/GN/GT chillers