Carrier to Display Extensive Range of Commercial Products at 2014 AHR Expo in New York
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -
Carrier will display a wide array of new and enhanced commercial and residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products at the 2014 AHR Expo Jan. 21-23, highlighting its ability to provide customers with solutions tailored to their specific needs. Carrier, the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions, is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
Following is an overview of the products that will be on display at this year’s Carrier booth at the AHR Expo in New York:
- Introducing AquaEdge™ Chillers – With rapid global urbanization driving demand for large-scale, high-efficiency cooling, Carrier announces the introduction of its new AquaEdge chillers. The line features the 19XR/XRV, a two-stage centrifugal chiller and heat pump with an expanded capacity up to 2,250 tons, which will be extended up to 3,000 tons later this year; and the award-winning 23XRV water-cooled variable-speed screw chiller available from 200- to 550-tons. AquaEdge provides environmentally responsible, reliable and quiet operation for a variety of large-scale projects including data centers, large commercial buildings and infrastructure projects.
- Unparalleled Chiller Selection and Flexibility – Carrier’s established 19- and 23-series Evergreen chillers will adopt the new AquaEdge name with the release of expanded ranges for both lines. These additions increase capacity, while providing a simplified naming structure for streamlined future portfolio expansion. The AquaEdge chillers round out Carrier’s new Aqua Series line of chillers, which include the smaller-capacity AquaSnap® and the medium-capacity AquaForce® units.
- Range of Offering in VRF Category – Carrier has expanded its Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) offerings to include heat recovery systems under the name Toshiba Carrier SHRM-i. This new generation of VRF systems delivers innovative technology that optimizes and balances each component in the system to enhance performance, reliability and efficiency. Toshiba Carrier VRF systems continue to bring building owners significant advantages with an extensive range of inverter-driven systems. Toshiba Carrier VRF offers adaptive compressor control down to 0.1 Hz, which increases the efficiency of the equipment while improving comfort as well. An enhanced oil management system provides superior reliability, unique piping options afford flexibility in design and installation, and jobsite wiring is greatly reduced, thanks to the innovative product design. Plus, integration with Carrier i-Vu® controls give the customer a single source of automation for all building needs.
- Air-Cooled Scroll Chiller with Greenspeed® Intelligence – Carrier has added a new dimension to its AquaSnap line of chillers by introducing the 30RB with Greenspeed intelligence, enabling higher efficiency and optimized performance. The new 30RB with Greenspeed intelligence features new scroll compressors that are designed for better full-load efficiency at the operating point of an air-cooled chiller. In addition, the 30RB with Greenspeed intelligence uses high-efficiency variable-speed condenser fans, providing ideal fan operating sequence for optimal airflow across the condenser.
- Extension of the WeatherExpert™ Large Rooftop Line to 150 Tons – The newly designed 48/50N WeatherExpert Series rooftop units with ComfortLink controls from 75 to 150 tons are designed to meet all customer requirements for new construction, replacement or special applications. To support low total cost of ownership, models are available in standard or high-efficiency operation with constant volume (CV), staged air volume (SAV™) or variable air volume (VAV) fan control. Gas, electric, hydronic heat plus cooling-only models provide operational flexibility while the patented Humidi-MiZer™ adaptive dehumidification system provides further comfort control if required. Excellent full- and part-load efficiencies are achieved by using multiple scroll compressors and indoor coils with intertwined dual refrigerant circuits. Enhanced refrigerant control is achieved through the use of electronic expansion valves (EXV).
- Enhanced i-Vu® Controls – Carrier has released the latest i-Vu® Web-based BACnet® building automation system, which now offers full support for both Carrier Comfort Network® (CCN) and Carrier i-Vu Open (BACnet) systems. This new version of i-Vu allows customers to keep their existing CCN investment while expanding their control system with Carrier’s i-Vu Open (BACnet) controls now or in the future.
- Fan Coil Product Line Redesign – Carrier has redesigned its AirStream™ 42V Vertical Floor Fan Coil to enhance performance and serviceability. Ideal for installation in motels, apartments buildings, and other multi-room buildings, AirStream 42 series fan coils combine heating and cooling performance with easy, low-cost installation. The AirStream 42V units are designed to occupy a minimum space, using furred-in, painted cabinet, or lowboy models. Optional decorative colors allow the unit to blend with any interior design.
- AdvanTE3C Americas - The team of Experts in Efficiency and the Environment will leverage the comprehensive suite of UTC Building & Industrial Systems technologies, including elevator, escalator, heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation and control, access control, video surveillance, energy analysis, and fire detection, alarm and suppression to unlock energy and operational efficiencies for customers. The deep product and systems knowledge of this organization provides expertise in advanced control algorithms, optimized operating sequences, building system design alternatives, integrated building solutions, and other building performance services.
“We’re looking forward to showcasing Carrier’s new commercial offerings at the 2014 AHR Expo,” stated Greg Alcorn, vice president, commercial sales and marketing, Carrier. “New York City will provide the ideal backdrop to highlight our innovative lineup of new and enhanced products that were designed with our customers in mind. 2014 will be an exciting year for Carrier, and the AHR Expo will allow our customers to experience these new products firsthand.”
To learn more, visit www.commercial.carrier.com. Follow Carrier on Twitter: @CarrierGreen.
Founded by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers. Carrier is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. For more information, visit www.carrier.com or follow @CarrierGreen on Twitter.