Entered Hong Kong market in 1950, Carrier has endeavored to provide the industry-leading products and services to become the market-leading HVAC brand in the city.
At Carrier, we lead the way in the development of innovative solutions for both commercial and light commercial applications. Today, Carrier has the support of more than 300 employees operating in different locations to provide our customers with the highest-performing, most efficient products and services.We are an outstanding leader in Hong Kong’s central air-conditioning and refrigeration markets, and we lead the way in the development of innovative solutions for both commercial and light commercial applications including skyscrapers, hotels airports, amusement parks, villas and supermarkets.
Carrier’s expertise is evidenced by the presence of our solutions in some of Hong Kong’s most prestigious projects. Not only did we help a 30% energy savings in iSQUARE, one of the reputable shopping malls in Hong Kong , but also manage the installations and maintenance of different infrastructures like Hong Kong International Airport.
Sample Landmark Installations
- Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott
- Hong Kong – Zhuhai – Macau Bridge Passenger Clearance Building
Key Milestones for Hong Kong
- 1902: Dr. Willis H. Carrier invented the world’s first mechanical air conditioning system.
- 1950: Carrier products entered the Hong Kong market.
- 1962: Carrier installed Hong Kong’s first centrifugal chillers at Hyatt Regency Hotel.
- 1995: Installed Hong Kong’s first modular vault at Chow Tai Fok Jewelry shop.
- 1997: Installed 6 centrifugal chillers and 500+ AHU at Hong Kong International Airport Terminal 1, the largest HVAC project ever in Hong Kong.
- 2014: Carrier was awarded a contract to install AutomatedLogic®’s building management system for 10 government premises which was a pilot program by the government to roll out intelligent and integrated building management platform for the entire government building portfolio across the city.
- 2015: UTC Climate, Controls & Security secured a contract to intelligently integrate independent fire and security systems under the AutomatedLogic platform for the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) data center.