Carrier Showcases Latest Innovations in Sustainable Refrigeration at 2017 ATMOsphere Europe Conference
September 25, 2017
Carrier Commercial Refrigeration presents its natural refrigeration solutions for a broad range of applications and all climate zones at the 8th annual ATMOsphere Europe conference in Berlin. A pioneer in sustainable technologies, Carrier and its associated brands are highlighting product case studies on the CO2OLtec® Evo transcritical system and the multi-compressor condensing unit, as well as showcasing products using the natural refrigerants carbon dioxide (CO2, or R-744) and propane (R-290). Carrier, a world leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions, is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
“We look forward to connecting with clients and customers and sharing insights on the latest natural refrigerant technologies at the ATMOsphere conference,” said Guillaume Burvingt, director, marketing, Carrier Commercial Refrigeration EMEA. “As a leading provider of natural refrigerant solutions, Carrier Commercial Refrigeration provides complete turnkey products and services within each climate zone and for almost any application.”
Carrier’s latest innovations include:
- CO2OLtec® Evo
- Carrier’s advanced CO2OLtec Evo transcritical CO2 systems feature newly developed adjustable modulating ejector technology. This new technology increases system energy efficiency, making CO2 systems a viable alternative in warmer climates as well as providing heat reclaim advantages in colder and milder climates. The CO2OLtec Evo transcritical system uses the natural refrigerant CO2, which is a safe and non-ozone depleting gas with a global warming potential (GWP) of one. There is no additional global warming impact from potential refrigerant leaks, as can be the case with traditional systems using synthetic refrigerants with a higher GWP, since CO2 systems use carbon dioxide repurposed from outdoor air.
- Multi-compressor Condensing Unit with CO2
- The quiet and environmentally-sustainable multi-compressor CO2 condensing unit uses repurposed CO2 refrigerant, emits no new greenhouse gases and is unaffected by EU F-gas regulations. Equipped with an inverter-drive compressor, the unit is ideal for small businesses with variable capacity applications such as food retail C-stores, petrol stations, restaurants, caterers and large kitchens. The unit has a low noise level and can be connected to multiple evaporators. It is also ideal for installers and service technicians, thanks in part to optimized serviceability providing easy access to all components.
- Optimer® Low Front Cabinet
- The Optimer low front refrigerated plug-in multideck cabinet maximizes the merchandise display area while minimizing operation costs. Using the environmentally sustainable natural refrigerant propane, this cabinet features energy-saving fans and Carrier’s specially designed LED lights that can reduce energy consumption by up to 61 percent versus its predecessor. The Optimer cabinet won the ProCold award as the most efficient cabinet in the vertical refrigerated display category at EuroShop 2017. ProCold is an independent EU project to promote energy efficiency and the transition to environmentally sustainable refrigerants in plug-in refrigerators.
Carrier has been a main sponsor of the conference since its launch in 2009.
For additional information about Carrier Commercial Refrigeration’s product portfolio and sustainable solutions, visit www.carrier-refrigeration.com.
Founded by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier is a world leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. For more information, visit www.carrier.com or follow @SmartColdChain on Twitter.
Carrier Commercial Refrigeration Optimer® low front glass door cabinet