Carrier is pleased to announce another new addition to its next-generation BACnet router portfolio, the i-Vu® XT BACnet link. The i-Vu XT BACnet link supports seamless connectivity to other BACnet devices, allowing facilities staff to manage all of the BACnet equipment in their building through a single i-Vu user interface. Carrier, a world leader in high-technology heating, ventilating and air-conditioning solutions, is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The new i-Vu XT BACnet link follows the recent release of the i-Vu XT BACnet router. Both devices are part of the next generation of i-Vu controls, featuring high-speed communications, increased processing horsepower, integrated diagnostics, flexible mounting options and a reduced footprint.
“The i-Vu XT BACnet link allows customers to manage all of the BACnet equipment in their facilities, including those with Carrier i-Vu controls and those with third-party BACnet controls,” said Mark Jones, business manager, Carrier Controls. “Customers can either connect to existing BACnet equipment in their buildings such as VFDs, boilers, and lighting systems, or they can choose best-in-class products when adding new BACnet equipment, knowing that they will be able to manage them easily and efficiently using the i-Vu system.”
The new i-Vu XT BACnet link includes built-in functionality for:
- Monitoring and controlling third-party BACnet devices within a building;
- Routing BACnet communications between the i-Vu system and various networks including BACnet/IP and BACnet/Ethernet (up to 1GB), BACnet MSTP, and/or BACnet over ARCnet;
- Executing customized control programs built with Carrier’s SNAP graphical programming tool;
- Troubleshooting BACnet network communications using diagnostic dashboards and trend graphs inside of the i-Vu building automation system. Operators can visualize network statistics including logs/counters, transmit/receive activity, and network traffic latencies for the connected BACnet networks;
- Capturing BACnet network traffic either continuously or on-demand and saving the information to a file for uploading into third-party network analysis tools.
Founded by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier is a world leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. For more information, visit www.carrier.com or follow @Carrier on Twitter.