Carrier Transicold’s new all-electric high-performance Neos™ 200e refrigeration unit for small electric and engine-powered delivery vehicles is now available through the company’s North America dealer network. Carrier Transicold is part of Carrier Global Corporation (NYSE: CARR), global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions.
The engineless Neos 200e unit is part of Carrier Transicold’s growing family of eCool™ all-electric refrigeration systems designed to push carbon emissions toward zero.
The unit provides nearly 40% more cooling capacity with greater efficiency than the unit it succeeds. It can take power directly from battery-electric vehicles or, with conventional engine-driven vehicles, use the alternator and battery, enabling constant temperature control for fresh and frozen items regardless of engine speed.
“Neos 200e is ideal for florists, confectioners, grocers and last-mile delivery businesses that want commercial-vehicle-level reliability and performance from a system that’s quiet, compact and can help them achieve their sustainability goals,” said Scott Parker, Truck Product Manager, Truck Trailer Americas, Carrier Transicold. “It delivers big results for small delivery vehicles.”
Neos 200e can be integrated into the vehicle or fitted externally. The main condenser assembly can be nose-mounted to the front of a truck box or mounted to the roof of a delivery van. A thin, ceiling-mounted evaporator maximizes interior cargo space.
Other features include:
- 12-volt architecture, making it fully compatible with 12-volt battery systems.
- Better cooling capacity thanks to a brazed-plate heat exchanger that provides better heat transfer, a larger evaporator coil and 60% more airflow with no increase in energy consumption compared to the unit it succeeds.
- Quiet performance due to its compact design and electric operation.
- Improved capacities at fresh and frozen setpoints due to the use of the new-generation refrigerant R-452A, which has about half the global warming potential of R-404A, the refrigerant traditionally used in most transport refrigeration units.
- Designed for reliability. Unlike conventional direct-drive systems, the compressor is housed inside the condenser rather than tied to the vehicle’s engine compartment. This eliminates long runs of refrigerant lines, reducing the amount of refrigerant needed and the potential for refrigerant leaks.
- Zero-direct-emissions performance. Utilizing a direct-current electric power source, the Neos 200e eliminates fuel consumption, carbon emissions and noise associated with engine-driven systems.
For information about Neos 200e and other Carrier Transicold solutions for small delivery vehicles, contact the experts in Carrier Transicold’s North America dealer network.About Carrier Transicold
Carrier Transicold helps improve transport and shipping of temperature-controlled cargoes with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated transport and cold chain visibility. For more than 50 years, Carrier Transicold has been an industry leader, providing customers around the world with advanced, energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration systems and generator sets, direct-drive and diesel truck units, and trailer refrigeration systems. Carrier Transicold is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions that matter for people and our planet for generations to come. For more information, visit Carrier Transicold online at www.trucktrailer.carrier.com. Follow Carrier on X: @SmartColdChain, on Facebook at Carrier Transicold Truck/Trailer Americas and on LinkedIn at Carrier Transicold Truck Trailer Refrigeration.