IndustryWeek Names Carrier Transicold Athens Plant One of North America's Best
March 1, 2016
Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
In order to identify and recognize the major manufacturing plants in North America that stand out for exemplary performance and continuous improvement of its services, the US magazine IndustryWeek annually presents the award 'IW Best Plants Awards. Among the 26 winning companies, the Carrier Transicold Athens Plant, located in the state of Georgia was one of the recognized companies by the magazine. The award is based on rigorous assessment criteria and performance metrics. Carrier Transicold has been the industry's first company recognized by the vehicle, which evaluates companies from various sectors of the economy.
Some of the many accomplishments that factored into the recognition include:
- 7.5 million hours worked without a lost work incident since 2006;
- Certified Star status in the Occupational Health and Safety Administration's Voluntary;
- Protection Program (VPP) since 2010;
- Noise reduced in over 90 percent of the working areas to less than 85 decibels;
- Reduced non-recycled waste by 85 percent since 2006;
- Industrial process waste reduced 70 percent, greenhouse gas generation lowered 32 percent and water usage reduced 38 percent since 2006.
We are proud to say that Carrier Transicold Brazil recognizes the award, which proves that our brand keeps having a conscious, responsible and successful market performance.