KENNESAW, Ga. -
Commercial building operators are busy and managing a number of competing priorities. To make their lives easier and increase their building’s energy-efficiency, Carrier is pleased to announce the release of the Carrier® Connect™ Wi-Fi thermostat for commercial buildings. The new, sleek touch-screen thermostat allows for control of a building’s heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) system from anywhere in the world - from within their facility, or via smartphone, tablet or computer. Carrier, a world leader in high-technology heating, ventilating and air-conditioning solutions, is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The Carrier Connect thermostat is easy to install and cloud-based, making it both accessible and affordable. The thermostat offers a number of innovative features including:
- Tool-free installation and automatic connectivity to the building’s Wi-Fi network;
- An intuitive touchscreen interface to manage settings locally;
- Remote connectivity through the Carrier Connect mobile app or online web portal;
- Automatic, secure log-in to the cloud with no monthly service fees;
- Over-the-air software updates, ensuring it always has the latest comfort technology;
- Automatic service and maintenance alerts through SMS text and eMail.
The Carrier Connect thermostat includes many energy-efficient features for keeping occupants comfortable, while also allowing building owners to better manage their building’s energy usage. Features include:
- Support for up to four heating and three cooling stages, making it compatible with most commercial HVAC systems;
- Flexible, 7-day scheduling via the Connect app or web portal;
- Fan and humidity control for enhanced occupant comfort;
- Support for remote temperature sensors, allowing control of heating and cooling based on the average temperature in the building versus the temperature in the thermostat location only;
- Demand response ready, allowing it to receive and respond to energy-saving signals from local utility providers.
“We are excited to add the Connect thermostat to our existing portfolio of commercial products,” said Mark Jones, business manager, Carrier Controls. “The new Carrier Connect thermostat provides building owners with an innovative and affordable option for controlling the HVAC system in their buildings. With its easy installation, flexible features and convenient remote access, they can now operate their facilities more efficiently from anywhere, at any time.”
For more information about the new Carrier Connect thermostat, visit www.carrier.com/connectstat.
Founded by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier is a world leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. For more information, visit www.carrier.com or follow @Carrier on Twitter.